Happy New Year!
I am starting up a blog… again! I have attempted a couple of times now. The first time was when I was still in intermediate school and blogs weren’t really a thing. I thought it was just for diary purposes. What a noob I was. The second time, I knew what I wanted to do, but I wanted to do everything at once. It wasn’t long before I lost the will to keep going. The problem was that I was too focused on views and follows, when I had barely even started. What was I expecting? I thought that I would get plenty of followers only after a couple of blog posts. My aim now is to just enjoy writing the blog for the sake of it. I’ll try to write a post at least once or twice a week.
New Year’s Resolutions
Is it cliche or basic to have resolutions for the New Year? I know that there are people out there who are cynical about having them, and that it might be pointless to have resolutions. Even so, if you don’t make resolutions in the New Year, will you ever make any?
Here are my resolutions for the new year:
- Buy less clothing. I have so many clothes. It doesn’t help that I share a room with my sister. We have to share a wardrobe, and it’s so difficult keeping everything tidy all the time. We borrow each other’s clothes anyway, so there shouldn’t be a need for me to keep buying more, especially since my sister buys plenty already.
- Cook more often. I live with my dad, who can cook quite well. Often when I cook, it’s usually pasta or more westernized food. I should probably cook more Korean food so that he actually enjoys what we are eating… We’ll see.
- Enjoy life a bit more. I work at an IT company, and I often get stressed over getting things done on time. The other day I had my blood pressure measured and it wasn’t good. I’m only 22 and I’m stressing out about work all of the time. Is that normal for someone my age? I suppose if they are in my situation. Possibly. I still think I should worry less about financial issues and work. Maybe I should practice my mindfulness, as it says in a lot of self help books and the Internet.
- Write this blog! Maybe it will also help with the previous resolution.
Highlights From 2016
- Selena Gomez concert. Artists hardly ever come to New Zealand, so I was interested in going to see her performance. I think this was right before she canceled her Revival tour, so we were lucky we were able to watch. Hopefully she didn’t cancel because of her NZ experience…
- Manila trip. I was fortunate enough to be able to fly over to Manila for my company. It was hectic, but it was a great experience and I would definitely consider going to Borocai next time.
Things To Look Forward To This Year
- Japan!!!! I will be heading to Japan with my partner in February for two weeks. I’m so excited. My workmates have all been already, so it kind of feels like I am the only one who hasn’t gone. I’m still excited! My partner and I have been watching plenty of Japan vlog channels – chonnyday, Simon and Martina, SoloTravelBlog, maxmoefoe… He has been planning the entire itinerary, such a sweetheart! More details to come closer to the date.
- Ultimate Frisbee. Some work colleagues and I are in an ultimate frisbee team which we enter for leagues hosted by the city-wide ultimate group. I’m ready to get (kind of) fit again, since I always laze around when there is a break from ultimate.
Any tips on going to Japan?